Our state of the art dental equipment allows us to perform everything from routine dental cleaning and polishing of teeth to complicated dental surgery and extractions. Our dental digital xray unit allows our doctors, much as in human dental practice, to diagnose and treat periodontal disease, which is in most cases undetectable without radiography.
The doctor and staff at Advanced Care Animal Hospital wish the same level of quality care and attention to detail for your pet as we do our own.
For this reason, we include several services during your pet's dental procedure that are not offered at many hospitals, such as:
• Intravenous fluids throughout the procedure to maintain adequate hydration and blood pressure, followed by one-hour post-operative fluid therapy
• Bloodwork prior to the procedure to check for organ dysfunction that might preclude anesthesia
• Induction of anesthesia with Valium and Propofol, a safer anesthetic drug, providing improved recovery
• Constant monitoring of your pet's blood pressure, oxygen level, heart rate, temperature, and breathing
• A Baer Hugger heating blanket filled with warm air to maintain optimum body temperature
• Two staff members at your pet's side at all times (including the doctor)
• Digital dental radiographs, providing crucial information about your pet's dental health below the gum line
• Local anesthetic for any teeth that need to be extracted
• Heated kennels for recovery, in full view of staff members who watch continuously as your pet wakes
• Analgesic (pain-relieving) medications, before and after, for optimum pain control
This is in addition to the standards expected of any hospital, including a complete physical exam prior to anesthesia, scaling and polishing of all teeth, the use of a high-speed dental drill to aid the extraction of unhealthy teeth (significantly reducing the time your pet spends under anesthesia), and the appropriate use of antibiotics when infection is evident.
Any anesthetic procedure includes some risk, but with the extra level of care we provide, those risks are minimized as much as current veterinary knowledge will allow. We want your pet to go home with more than just clean teeth, but with a body and mind just as vibrant and healthy as when they arrived that morning. We go the extra mile for you!